Year / Date of Issue: 02.2021
Developer: Native Instruments
Developer site: Native Instruments
Format: STANDALONE, VSTi, AAX
Bit depth: 64bit
System requirements: Windows 7 or higher, Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015/2017/2019 Redistributable Package preinstalled, 4GB minimum RAM, Intel Core i5 / AMD Athlon II X2 processor
Description: Kontakt is the standard in the world of samplers. Native Instruments Kontakt 5 provides a range of high quality filters ranging from classic analog circuits and variable state models to modern formatted filters. Some of the 37 new filters use the new Adaptive Resonance concept, which automatically controls filter characteristics to prevent unpleasant audio artifacts from excessive resonance peaks. The fifth version of the sampler also adds TimeMachine Pro time scratching, which provides better sound quality for harmony solo instruments.
The effects section in Native Instruments Kontakt 5 has been expanded with several key additions that focus on studio-style audio processing. New algorithms Solid G-EQ and Solid Bus Comp, borrowed from the Solid Mix Series, allow for alignment and compression, and the optional Transient Designer has been integrated into the Kontakt effects section in its original form. In addition, the new analog Tape Saturator can add natural compression and subtle organic overdrive, and vintage sampling modes taken from the Native Instruments Maschine groove machine have been integrated into the Native Instruments Kontakt 5 feature set.
For sound designers and professional sample creators, Native Instruments Kontakt 5 offers a new instrument bus system and MIDI file support based on KSP. 16 internal stereo buses with their individual on-board slots provide increased routing flexibility, the Kontakt Script Processor’s MIDI file function allows you to create advanced instrument-based instrument types with versatile integrated MIDI playback functionality.
1. No activation of protected libraries is required, the ability to register (add to bookmarks) in batch mode.
2. Ability to edit patches of protected libraries.
3. Ability to re-save with samples of patches from protected libraries.
4. Ability to edit password-protected scripts.
Features of the PORTABLE version:
0. Does not integrate into NI Maschine and Komplete Kontrol!
1. Installation, including additional software (Service Center, Native Access, MS VS C ++ runtime), is not required.
2. All settings are saved in the portable program folder (Windows registry and other system storages are not used, administrator rights are not required *).
3. Integrated Library Manager, which provides full control over protected libraries, and also allows registering unprotected (self-made) libraries without generating nicnt files.
4. Ability to work simultaneously with the installed version of the Contact without conflicts and with different settings.
* (Super) administrator rights are required if the portable program folder is placed in a protected system storage (for example, in Program Files) – such a location for portable programs is unnatural and is not recommended
New in version
How to install Kontakt 6 PORTABLE:
1. Create an empty folder. The name of the folder itself and the path to it MUST NOT CONTAIN CYRILLIC. The folder MUST BE RECORDABLE.
2. Run the installer KontaktPortable_v652.exe
3. Click the Browse … button and select the created empty folder
4. Click the Extract button
How to transfer settings and libraries from Kontakt 5.7.x – 5.8 PORTABLE to Kontakt 6 PORTABLE
0. Close all copies of Kontakt 6 PORTABLE, including VST plugins.
1. Copy the UserData folder from the Kontakt 5 Portable root folder to the Kontakt 6 Portable root folder.
2. Open the copied UserData folder, find the Kontakt and Kontakt subfolders there. 5. Delete the Kontakt folder. Rename the Kontakt 5 folder to Kontakt
3. Open the Settings.cfg file in the copied folder in a text editor, find the line [Kontakt 5], replace it with [Kontakt Application] Save changes.
How to rollback Kontakt PORTABLE to one of the previous versions:
1. Delete everything in the Kontakt PORTABLE folder except the UserData folder
2. Download the installer of the previous version (KontaktPortable_v6xx.exe)
3. Run the installer KontaktPortable_v6xx.exe
4. Click the Browse … button and select the folder where the Kontakt 6.5.1 PORTABLE files were located (after deletion, only the UserData folder with your user data remained):