Year/Date of Issue: 01/09/2023
Developer: Sonic Academy
Developer site: www.sonicacademy.com/products/kick-2
Format: VST, VST3, AAX
Bit depth: 64bit
tablet: not required
• Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 (64-bit)
• Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 512 MB RAM
• Up to 500 MB free hard disk space
Distribution time: before the appearance of the first 5-7 downloaders
Description: KICK 2 is finally out – the award-winning KICK game received a major update in 2016. Easily sculpt, shape, create, manipulate, distort your way to the perfect barrel. You no longer have to rely on sampled and resampled low quality kicks in sample packs. With KICK 2, you can easily create the perfect synth kick to suit your needs.
A brief overview of the most important features :
• 3 fully featured click areas
New in KICK 2 are 3 click areas packed with features including start time, length control, low/high pass filters, and pitch fine tuning. You no longer need to manipulate and set up your clicks before importing, just download them and get started right away.
• Drag and Drop Click Download
Found an audible click you like? simply drag and drop it directly into the plugin window to load it directly into your soundbank.
• View external sample folder
Browse your personal sample collection directly from the plugin, allowing you to listen to all your favorite samples without having to manually download them.
• Includes over 230 factory add-ons
KICK 2 comes with over 230 factory presets in a wide range of styles including Analog / Bass / Drum & Bass / House / Live / Percussion / Pop / Progressive House / Psy Trance / Snares / Techno / Toms / Trance / Trap.
• More than 180 clicks
The click section contains 180 click samples that can be loaded to give the kick its own unique sound, and if that’s still not enough, you can load your own click samples – KICK will store them in your user bank for later use. use.
• SUB Harmonics control
In addition to being able to use a pure sine wave to create your KICKS, you now have full control over the waveform using our sub-harmonics to add even more depth and character to your sound.
• Tube, Clip and Wave distortion algorithms
In addition to our original KICK 1 CLIP distortion, we’ve added 2 new high quality and expertly modeled analog distortion modules so you can add some warmth to your sound or just harden up a dance kick. Also included is our signature Drive sound from Kick 1 to push things a little more.
• Quickly export your KICK
Prefer to work with your KICKs in an external program? No problem. Now you can quickly and easily export your created KICK using our generate function. Just select the Velocity and Note you want to export and then drag and drop directly from the plugin into your DAW.
• Full graphic equalizer
Too many highs? Too few cons? Just tweak them with the new built-in graphic equalizer to boost or cut the frequency range without even leaving the plugin.
• Quick equalizer controls
Once your EQs are set up, you can quickly and easily control them right from the plugin’s front panel.
• High quality bezier curves
Easily sculpt your KICK sound using our advanced Bezier curve algorithm to get smooth transitions from point to point. You can also adjust the duration and overall pitch using the appropriate controls in the X-Y panel.
• Stay in touch
Use the SNAP and TAG function to show the HZ and KEY of each node on the X-Y pad. Allows you to dial in the exact key of your kick.
Use the built-in compressor to get even more control over the KICK sound, perfectly tuned for a kick drum.
Keep your levels under control with the built-in KICK limiter. Has threshold control as well as 3 release settings. Alternatively, you can just turn it off if you don’t want it to interfere with your audio.
• Gate, keyboard track and portamento control
Get full control over how your MIDI input affects bass length and pitch using the Gate and Keytrack functions. If you want to get really creative, you can use our Portamento control to create TRAP basses quickly and easily.
What’s new :
Official changes since Kick 2 v1.1.4:
(Kick 2 v1.1.5)
• Support for 32-bit binaries has been dropped.
• Added support for VST3.
• Added full compatibility with Apple Silicon.
• Fixed pre-installed compatibility issue between Mac and PC.
• Fixed a bug due to which ALS/ALC was not called on Mac/Ableton Live.
• Fixed a bug due to which the preset name was not loaded if the preset file did not exist on the host computer.
• Fixed a graphical issue with the equalizer when scaling is set to anything other than 100%.
• OPENGL is disabled by default in Big Sur+ to avoid graphical issues.
• Fixed a possible crash when dropping envelopes using the reset button.
• Fixed issue with channel setup on some hosts (especially vst3 – FL Studio).
List of changes made :
• Disabled update and similar notifications
• Added Nicky Romero GUI skin (optional)
• Added many presets
• Added a preset converter to convert legacy presets from Kick 1
0. Delete previous
1. Install “Setup Sonic Academy Kick 2 v1.1.5.exe”.