Year / Release Date: 09/21/2020
Developer: Native Instruments
Developer site: native-instruments.com
Format: STANDALONE, VSTi, AAX *
Bit depth: 32bit, 64bit
System requirements: OS Windows 7 or higher, 4GB RAM minimum, Intel Core i5 / AMD Athlon II X2 processor
Description: Updating the popular sampler. Contact allows you to play and process previously recorded audio data – samples of musical instruments, sound effects, vocal tracks, etc. – but this is only a small part of its full spectrum of capabilities. In VKontakte, you can use ready-made instruments from a huge number of libraries from third-party developers or create your own virtual instruments, apply powerful built-in processing modules to their audio signals, and build complex performance schemes with various modulation connections. Anything is possible – from ultra-precise recreation of real instruments to the creation of original, unlike anything else.
The main innovation of the sixth version of Contact is the table-wave engine, which allows new hybrid instruments, combining synthesis with sampling, to create unique sound textures.
1. No activation of protected libraries is required, the ability to register (add to bookmarks) in batch mode.
2. Ability to edit patches of protected libraries.
3. Ability to resave with samples of patches from protected libraries.
4. Ability to edit password-protected scripts.
Features of the PORTABLE version:
0. Does not integrate into NI Maschine and Komplete Kontrol!
1. Installation, including additional software (Service Center, Native Access, MS VS C ++ runtime), is not required.
2. All settings are saved in the portable program folder (Windows registry and other system storages are not used, administrator rights are not required *).
3. Integrated Library Manager, which provides full control over protected libraries, as well as allows registering unprotected (homemade) libraries without generating nicnt files.
4. Ability to work simultaneously with the installed version of the Contact without conflicts and with different settings.
* (Super) administrator rights are required if the program folder is placed in a protected system storage (for example, in Program Files) – such a location for portable programs is unnatural and is not recommended
How to install Kontakt 6 PORTABLE:
1. Create an empty folder. The name of the folder itself and the path to it MUST NOT CONTAIN CYRILLIC. The folder must be writable..
2. Run the installer KontaktPortable_v642.exe
3. Click the Browse … button and select the created empty folder
4. Click the Extract button
How to upgrade Kontakt 6.x.x PORTABLE to Kontakt 6.4.2 PORTABLE:
1. Run the installer KontaktPortable_v642.exe
2. Click the Browse … button and select the folder containing the Kontakt 6.x.x PORTABLE files:
3. Click the Extract button
4. When the Confirm file replace window appears, confirm the replacement of files (Click Yes to All)
How to rollback Kontakt PORTABLE to one of the previous versions:
1. Delete everything in the Kontakt PORTABLE folder except the UserData folder
2. Download the installer of the previous version (KontaktPortable_v6xx.exe)
3. Next, see how to update Kontakt PORTABLE
How to transfer settings and libraries from Kontakt 5.7.x – 5.8 PORTABLE to Kontakt 6 PORTABLE :
0. Close all copies of Kontakt 6 PORTABLE, including VST plugins.
1. Copy the UserData folder from the Kontakt 5 Portable root folder to the Kontakt 6 Portable root folder.
2. Open the copied UserData folder, find the Kontakt and Kontakt subfolders there 5. Delete the Kontakt folder. Rename the Kontakt 5 folder to Kontakt
3. Open the Settings.cfg file in the copied folder in a text editor, find the line [Kontakt 5], replace it with [Kontakt Application] Save changes.