Year / Date of Issue: 10/14/2021
Developer site: PreSonus
Bit depth: 64bit
Interface language: Multilingual
Tabletka: present | R2R
System requirements: Windows 10 (64-bit only)
Intel® Core ™ i3 / AMD A10 processor or better
Minimum 4GB RAM / Recommended 8GB or more
Internet connection (needed for installation, activation, and Cloud, Shop, and Exchange integration)
Monitor with 1366 x768 resolution (high-dpi monitor recommended)
Microsoft Visual C ++ 2019 Redistributable Package (x64)
Description: PreSonus Studio One 5 will add many cool features for performers, composers and producers Great DAW will be even better.
PreSonus has announced the upcoming major DAW update, PreSonus Studio One 5, to mark the 10th anniversary of its music recording software. According to the developers, the fifth version of the popular program “brings together the needs of users and our sense of innovation.”
Among the new features of the program, there are new functions that will be useful to performers, composers and producers. For example, performers will receive a new Show Page, and composers will receive an updated Score Editor. In addition, all stock plugins in Studio One 5 will receive a completely new interface designed to make interacting with them easier and more efficient. Not without new treatments and effects.
The program will also include synchronization with MIDI timecodes, a special bus for listening to the Listen Bus and new AUX channels. The developers promise to add envelopes for clips, Keyswitch articulations and extended scenes in the mixer.
What’s new in PreSonus Studio One 5
The new Show Page performers’ workspace combines the ability to play back tracks and work with virtual instruments in a single window. Channel Strips, mixdowns and virtual instruments can be exported directly to the Show Page. Setlists with the ability to change the order and skip files will also appear here.
Show Page will get its own full-screen window with a responsive interface and controls that change the scene in real time. According to the developers, live sets in the new mode will become simple and flexible, regardless of what you are working with – with backing tracks, effects or virtual instruments.
Especially for composers and arrangers, the developers have created a new Score View in the music editor. The mode repeats the one in the PreSonus Notion score editor. Score View can work in a separate window or in split screen mode with Piano View and Drum View modes. This allows users to use Score View on one track and Piano / Drum View on another to independently edit the score. Score View is equipped with basic musical symbols. According to the press release, notes can be entered manually, in real time or in step recording mode.
In terms of native stock effects and plugins, PreSonus Studio One 5 will offer an updated interface for all treatments. Externally, the plugins will become cleaner, and will also receive a light and dark theme, which you can switch between independently. In addition, all plugins will acquire a number of new features.
So, for example, dynamic effects in Studio One 5 received sidechain inputs. Filter plugins have learned to filter the signal at the sidechain inputs, which gives more control over the sidechain signal. Drive treatments now have a State Space Modeled section for natural analog signal saturation. Equalizer Pro EQ received a linear-phase cut filter, a new option for displaying signal information, as well as input and output signal level meters with additional settings.
Especially for producers, the developers have expanded the functionality of the scenes in the mixer. The DAW now allows you to save snapshots of all mixer settings at any time, while there are several options for recalling snapshots. For example, producers can pull the settings of only individual tracks from each shot, and combine them with the current parameters of the tracks in the project.
Also, a special Listen Bus has appeared in the mixer, which allows you to monitor the signal through an independent output channel. The same bus can be used for A / B-checking the mix: users can place any plug-ins on it without worrying about critical changes in the sound of the composition.
Other interesting innovations include the Clip Gain Envelopes function, which provides an additional layer of gain control for the audio clip. According to the developers, the function is useful for correcting too loud or weak segments of audio files without using dynamic processors.
In the fifth version of DAW, the AUX inputs will be able to accept external audio sources. Thanks to this, third-party real instruments will work without a separate channel in the project, and interacting with them in DAW will resemble working with virtual instruments. The developers also note that Studio One 5 will learn how to record audio in 64-bit WAV, will receive full support for MIDI MPE and MIDI Poly Pressure, MIDI timecodes. The program will add cross-platform support for hardware graphics acceleration.
New in version
Version 5.4.1 Release Notes (October 14, 2021):
The following issues have been fixed:
● [Apple Silicon Native] Tuner shows incorrect results
● [ATOM SQ] Fixed page numbers for Song, Instrument, and Editor buttons
● [macOS] Touch event is offset in plug-in select menu
● [Note Editor] Tab to next note not working consistently
● 32-bit float recording from Capture shows up as 16-bit in Studio One
● Alt + Drag in arrangement intermittently crashes S1
● BPM from WAV file not properly applied to audio part
● Can’t drag WAV files to browser to export events with FX
● Cancel mixdown keeps rendered part
● Crash when closing plug-in editor via touch
● Crash with Acustica Audio N4 plug-in
● “Cursor follows edit position” option fails when dragging chords from the chord track to
● Dragging notes from note editor to arrangement delivers unexpected results
● Dragging time-stretched audio event with detected chords to instrument track creates
event with wrong length
● Dragging Splitter from browser search result shows unwanted behavior
● Higher audio monitoring latency reported in certain cases
● Impact XT inside a multi-instrument creates unwanted noise
● Note On not sent to MIDI outputs when MPE enabled
● Pipeline ‘ping’ doesn’t work when transport is stopped
● Potential crash on system shutdown when Studio One is still open
● Scores from Notion using Jazz font are displayed incorrectly
● Some automation parameters may be linked to the wrong track with bus automation
● SoundCloud browser tab occasionally stays empty
● With Plug-in Nap active, reverb tail is cut from certain AU plug-ins
● With Show Page in Perform View, pressing space bar to play / stop doesn’t work when
Setlist is in focus
* All launches of installations, Keygen, patches are run on the administrator rights.
* Should not contain Cyrillic characters also the computer name and account must be in Latin.
* It is not necessary to uninstall the previous version.
2. A window will appear that just needs to be closed:
3. Another window will appear in which to select offline activation:
4. Copy activation code
On behalf of the administrator, launch keygen, insert the Activation Code in the Machine ID field, click on Generate and save the generated license files on the computer (for example, on the desktop). And then return to the program authorization window and select the license file called Studio One 4 Professional :
5. After that, all license files can be deleted. It is advisable for block the software to access to the Internet (not only to its site) through a firewall.