Year/Date of Issue: 14.02.2022
Developer: Native Instruments
Developer site: native-instruments.com
Format: STANDALONE, VSTi, VSTi3, AAX*
Bit depth: 64bit
System requirements: OC Windows 7 and above, 4GB RAM minimum, Intel Core i5 / AMD Athlon II X2 processor
Description: Update of the popular sampler. Contact allows you to play and process previously recorded audio data – samples of musical instruments, sound effects, vocal tracks, etc. – but this is only a small part of the full range of its capabilities. In Vkontakte, you can use ready-made instruments from a huge number of libraries from third-party developers or create your own virtual instruments, apply powerful built-in processing modules to their audio signals, build complex performance schemes with various modulation links. Everything is possible – from the ultra-accurate recreation of real instruments to the creation of original instruments that are unlike anything else.
The main innovation of the sixth version of Contact is a wavetable engine that allows new hybrid instruments that combine synthesis with sampling to create unique sound textures.
1. Activation of protected libraries is not required, the ability to register (add to bookmarks) in batch mode.
2. Ability to edit patches of protected libraries.
3. Possibility of resaving with samples patches of protected libraries.
4. Ability to edit password-protected scripts.
Features of the portable (PORTABLE) version:
1. Installation, including additional software (Service Center, Native Access, MS VS C++ runtime), is not required.
2. All settings are saved in the program’s portable folder (the Windows registry and other system storages are not used, administrator rights are not required*).
3. Integrated Library Manager, which provides full control over protected libraries, and also allows you to register unprotected (self-made) libraries without generating nicnt files.
4. Ability to work simultaneously with the installed version of the Contact without conflicts and with different settings.
* Requires (super) administrator rights if the portable program folder is placed in a protected system storage (for example, in Program Files) – such a location for portable programs is unnatural and not recommended.
Kontakt PORTABLE is not compatible with NKS (Native Kontrol Standard):
1. Instruments of NKS-compatible libraries added to Kontakt PORTABLE will not appear on the screen of an NKS hardware device (Komplete Kontrol or Maschine). Accordingly, they cannot be selected, previewed and downloaded directly from the device’s browser, but only through the interface of the Contact itself.
2. The controls of an NKS-compatible library instrument loaded into the Kontakt PORTABLE are not automatically bound to the controllers of the NKS device, only manually in the standard way for external MIDI devices (MIDI Learn).
How to install Kontakt 6 PORTABLE:
1. Create an empty folder. The name of the folder itself and the path to it MUST NOT CONTAIN CYRILLIC. The folder MUST BE WRITTEN.
2. Run the installer KontaktPortable_v670.exe
3. Press the Browse… button and select the created empty folder
4. Press the Extract button
How to upgrade Kontakt 6.x.x PORTABLE to Kontakt 6.7.0 PORTABLE:
1. Run the installer KontaktPortable_v670.exe
2. Press the Browse… button and select the folder containing the Kontakt 6.x.x PORTABLE files:
3. Press the Extract button
4. When the Confirm file replace window appears, confirm the replacement of files (Click Yes to All)
32-bit formats are not automatically removed during the upgrade. You can continue to use them or delete them (manually delete the Kontakt6Portable\Kontakt\x86 folder).
How to roll back Kontakt PORTABLE to one of the previous versions:
1. Delete everything in the Kontakt PORTABLE folder except the UserData folder
2. Download the installer of the previous version (KontaktPortable_v6xx.exe)
4. Run the installer KontaktPortable_v6xx.exe
5. Press the Browse… button and select the folder where the Kontakt 6.7.0 PORTABLE files were located (after deletion, only the UserData folder with your user data remained):
6. Press the Extract button
How to transfer settings and libraries from Kontakt 5.7.x – 5.8 PORTABLE to Kontakt 6 PORTABLE
0. Close all copies of Kontakt 6 PORTABLE, including VST plugins.
1. Copy the UserData folder from the Kontakt 5 Portable root folder to the Kontakt 6 Portable root folder.
2. Open the copied UserData folder, find the subfolders Kontakt and Kontakt there 5. Delete the Kontakt folder. Rename Kontakt 5 folder to Kontakt
3. Open the Settings.cfg file in the copied folder in a text editor, find the line [Kontakt 5], replace it with [Kontakt Application] Save changes.
How to add Kontakt 6 PORTABLE VST to a host (DAW)
Open your host settings and add the Kontakt6Portable\Kontakt\x64\VST\ folder as an additional plugin scan folder. Please refer to your DAW manual for details.
Run Kontakt6Portable\Install.exe and create a link to portable Contact’s VST plugins in one of the folders already scanned by your host
How to add Kontakt 6 PORTABLE VST3 to a host (DAW)
Open your host settings and add the Kontakt6Portable\Kontakt\x64\VST3\ folder as an additional plugin scan folder. Please refer to your DAW manual for details.
This method is suitable for hosts that do not limit themselves to scanning VST3 plugins only in the standard location (Cockos Reaper, Magix Samplitude,…)
Run Kontakt6Portable\Install.exe and select “Add VST3 Plugin” to create a link to the Portable Contact’s VST3 Plugin in the standard VST3 Plugin scan folder.
How to add Kontakt 6 PORTABLE to ProTools
Run Kontakt6Portable\Install.exe and select “Add AAX to ProTools” (on the component selection page).
I have a problem adding East West Quantum Leap Ra when i load an instrument i get an error that says this instrument belongs to a library that is not currently installed