Year / Date of Issue: 04/27/2021
Developer: Native Instruments
Developer site: native-instruments.com
Format: STANDALONE, VSTi, AAX *
Bit depth: 32bit, 64bit
System requirements: OS Windows 7 or higher, 4GB RAM minimum, Intel Core i5 / AMD Athlon II X2 processor
Description: Updating the popular sampler. Contact allows you to play and process previously recorded audio data – samples of musical instruments, sound effects, vocal tracks, and more – but this is only a small part of the entire spectrum of its capabilities. In Vkontakte, you can use ready-made instruments from a huge number of libraries from third-party developers or create your own virtual instruments, apply powerful built-in processing modules to their audio signals, build complex performance schemes with various modulation connections. Anything is possible – from ultra-precise recreation of real instruments to the creation of original, unlike anything else instruments.
The main innovation of the sixth version of Contact is the table-wave engine, which allows new hybrid instruments that combine synthesis with sampling to create unique sound textures.
1. No activation of protected libraries is required, the ability to register (add to bookmarks) in batch mode.
2. Ability to edit patches of protected libraries.
3. Ability to re-save with samples of patches from protected libraries.
4. Ability to edit password-protected scripts.
Features of the PORTABLE version:
0. Does not integrate into NI Maschine and Komplete Kontrol!
1. Installation, including additional software (Service Center, Native Access, MS VS C ++ runtime), is not required.
2. All settings are saved in the portable program folder (Windows registry and other system storages are not used, administrator rights are not required *).
3. Integrated Library Manager, which provides full control over protected libraries, and also allows registering unprotected (self-made) libraries without generating nicnt files.
4. Ability to work simultaneously with the installed version of the Contact without conflicts and with different settings.
* (Super) administrator rights are required if the portable program folder is placed in a protected system storage (for example, in Program Files) – such a location for portable programs is unnatural and is not recommended
2. Run the installer KontaktPortable_v653.exe
3. Click the Browse … button and select the created empty folder
4. Click the Extract button
How to upgrade Kontakt 6.x.x PORTABLE to Kontakt 6.5.3 PORTABLE:
1. Run the installer KontaktPortable_v653.exe
2. Click the Browse … button and select the folder containing the Kontakt 6.x.x PORTABLE files
3. Click the Extract button
4. When the Confirm file replace window appears, confirm the replacement of files (Click Yes to All)
How to rollback Kontakt PORTABLE to one of the previous versions:
1. Delete everything in the Kontakt PORTABLE folder except the UserData folder
2. Download the installer of the previous version (KontaktPortable_v6xx.exe)
3. Run the installer KontaktPortable_v6xx.exe
4. Click the Browse … button and select the folder where the Kontakt 6.5.3 PORTABLE files were located (after deletion, only the UserData folder with your user data remained)
How to transfer settings and libraries from Kontakt 5.7.x – 5.8 PORTABLE to Kontakt 6 PORTABLE :
0. Close all copies of Kontakt 6 PORTABLE, including VST plugins.
1. Copy the UserData folder from the Kontakt 5 Portable root folder to the Kontakt 6 Portable root folder.
2. Open the copied UserData folder, find the Kontakt and Kontakt subfolders there. 5. Delete the Kontakt folder. Rename the Kontakt 5 folder to Kontakt
3. Open the Settings.cfg file in the copied folder in a text editor, find the line [Kontakt 5], replace it with [Kontakt Application] Save changes.
How to add Kontakt 6 PORTABLE VST to host (DAW) :
Open your host settings and add the Kontakt6Portable \ Kontakt \ x64 \ VST \ folder (or Kontakt6Portable \ Kontakt \ x86 \ VST \ if the host does not support 64-bit plugins) as an additional plugin scan folder. See your DAW manual for details.
Run Kontakt6Portable \ Install.exe and create a link to the VST plugins of the portable Contact in one of the folders that are already scanned by your host
How to add Kontakt 6 PORTABLE to ProTools :
Run Kontakt6Portable \ Install.exe and select “Add AAX to ProTools” (on the component selection page).
How to install content libraries in Kontakt PORTABLE
As you know, for the full operation of many libraries, it is not enough to download the library folder itself; you need to copy certain content from the library folder to one of the standard Windows folders in the user profile. Thus, some of the content of the library “scatters”, goes beyond the library folder, which is not good in terms of portability, as well as for lovers of “cleanliness and order”. If you transfer the library folder to another computer, load another OC on the same computer or log in as a different user, the additional installation will need to be repeated, the same files will be duplicated. In addition, if this is changeable content (presets), then when you reinstall the OC, it may be lost.
The search and storage of such files in Kontakt PORTABLE has been redirected from the standard folders in the user profile to the Kontakt PORTABLE folder, namely to the UserData folder, where all the user data of the Contact is located.
The general principle of installing scattered library content.
Let’s say we know in which folder these additional files should be uploaded (read the manual or the distribution header).
In general, like this: <Path to the standard folder in the user profile> \ Native Instruments \ the rest of the path \, where <Path to the standard folder in the user profile> is either My Documents
C: \ Users \ <User name> \ Documents,
or Local Application Data
C: \ Users \ <User Name> \ AppData \ Local
Examples of installing scattered content. Examples “Vasya”, who has
– user profile here: C: \ Users \ Vasya \
– the standard folder Local application data, respectively, here: C: \ Users \ Vasya \ AppData \ Local \
– the standard folder My Documents, respectively, here: C: \ Users \ Vasya \ Documents \
– Kontakt here: E: \ KontaktPORTABLE \
– All His user Kontakt data, respectively, here: E: \ KontaktPORTABLE \ UserData