Quality: 24 bit 48 kHz stereo
Description: ICONIC PIANO USED ON LEGENDARY HITS
Mercury is a Kontakt grand piano with a Fazioli F-228 recorded at Metropolis Studios in London.
One year of manufacture, taking care of the smallest details to make it perfect.
The combination of this piano’s unique tone, exquisite recording and advanced encoding makes it one of the best piano instruments on the market by many.
Wavesfactory Mercury requires Kontakt Player or Full 5.8.1 or newer!
Fazioli pianos pursue perfection. They’re sophistically delicate with a very rich low-end and a lot of body resonance.
Mercury piano was recorded by Grammy Award-winning Paul B. Norris with 5 mic positions from ultra-close to room sound for maximum versatility. It sounds warm and very emotional. Perfect for intimate low-key tracks, but it’s also very punchy and aggressive on high velocities. A combination that you don’t find usually on piano libraries.
It has been captured with so much detail and depth that you can make it sound in a million different ways and still sound natural, but it will always retain the character. Mercury can be a big monster library or light-weighted since one microphone only uses ~ 300MB of RAM. With realism in mind and all the possible features that we could think of including soft pedalling, una corda, sostenuto, sympathetic resonance, microtuning …
Mercury piano will fit in every situation perfectly, and it will be an honor to know that it has become your go-to piano library.
Harnessing the power of Kontakt, Mercury has a beautiful and powerful interface rendered in 3D designed to inspire you.
On the bottom bar you have the menu to navigate to the other pages in which you’ll also find the HQ switch. This enables our velocity morphing algorithm. It will seamlessly blend the different intensities in order to get pleasant and continuous dynamics with no jumps.
On the right side you can activate and de-activate the background animation that will occur when going to the main view to the mixer, effects or settings page.
From the mixer you can control the different mics separately with the usual parameters that you’d normally get on an audio mixer, and with extra features like a new way of mixing that we call “position enhanced”.
– Ultraclose: recorded right above the hammers to get the in-your-face sound.
– Close: Spaced pair a couple inches above the strings.
– Mono: Vintage ribbon microphone placed at the bottom of the piano.
– Mid: in a mid-distance in the middle of the room, X / Y position.
– Far: recorded with two spaced microphones at the back of the room.
With a load / purge switch for each channel, pan / width, volume, mute / solo, phase shift and output selector for mixing the different channels on your DAW.
In the effects page you can add 4 DSP effects to the sound, specially designed for piano.
– Metropolis Plates: two EMT 140s from Metropolis Studios.
– Compressor: peak compressor with threshold, ratio, attack, release and make-up gain.
– EQ: special type of tilt EQ that will cut / boost highs / lows with additional low and high-pass filters.
– Chorus: great sounding chorus with stereo spread, speed and depth controls.
From the settings page you can control basically any parameter you might ever need. Divided in four section you can find:
– Round robin: the piano was sampled with 4 true round robin repetitions, you can select the number you want here plus a neighbor borrowing option for extra repetitions using scripted round robin.
– Velocity curve: control how the library reacts to incoming midi notes.
– Noises: control the volume of the non-tonal parts of the piano. Release sample volume, sympathetic resonance, key on and key off samples and pedal noises (sustain, soft pedal and sostenuto).
– Sound: sample start offset, overall timbre, dynamic range, low enhancement and per-note temperament.
Mercury – Changelog
25 / JUNE / 2018 – 1.0.2
– Fix: Neighbor borrowing skipping notes on high register.
– Added: New background.