Year of issue: 2021
Platform: Intel / Apple Silicon Universal
Interface language: English
Tablet: Not required
• AudioUnit, VST, VST3 or AAX host software
• Apple Silicon M1 or Intel 2.0 GHz processor
• 8GB of RAM (16GB or more highly recommended)
• Display with 1024-by-768 or higher resolution
• macOS 10.11 and later including macOS Big Sur
• 64-bit only
Description: The developer of programs reFX presented a new version of the popular Nexus rompler, which received a completely redesigned design and layout of controls, improved performance and an updated library.
reFX Nexus 3 has three columns for navigating presets and folders, settings for tags and bookmarks, the ability to add instruments to favorites, and save custom presets. Each sound can now be previewed before use, and instruments can be searched for by tags or names. The plugin has got a new arpeggiator with an increased pattern length, a modified effects section (EQ, filter, reverb, delay, limiter) with a visualizer and a newly developed sequencer.
Other Nexus 3 features include: scalable interface, Nexus 2 compatibility, 16,000 instrument presets, 160GB library. The program can work in AU, VST and VST3 formats and supports most popular workstations.
1. Nexus Library is placed in Application (you can save it on another disk, but then an alias file is created which must be placed in Application. An alias can be created in SymLinker)
2. Copy Nexus.component to / Library / Audio / Plug-Ins / Components
3. Copy Nexus.vst to / Library / Audio / Plug-Ins / VST
4. Copy Nexus.vst3 to / Library / Audio / Plug-Ins / VST3
5. Copy the reFX folder to / Users / Shared
6. Let’s use it!